What’s New in the Planning Tool for Office Communications Server 2007 R2?
· Now supported on Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
· Exports the topology to the Microsoft Office Visio drawing and diagramming software
· Exports the hardware for all sites to Microsoft Office Excel
· Includes hardware requirements and port information on each server role as well as port information for your firewalls
· Includes Enterprise Voice
· Saves the topology to a location and file name of your choice so that you can reload it at your convenience
· Provides the ability to add, edit, and delete sites
· Provides the ability to print topologies, server information, and planning and deployment steps
· Allows customizing design of each site
· Allows to specify whether you have a perimeter network for a site
· Dynamically draws the topologies faster
· No longer need to run as administrator on Windows Vista
· Introduces new features and topology recommendations for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2
· Provides a way to bypass the interview questions if you already know what features you want
· The latest update of the Planning Tool includes corrections to ensure the screen can be viewed in the 1024x768 resolution, with the default dpi, on a 14’ and 15’ monitor.